What is the procedure to transfer securities?
- Execute an instrument of transfer which shall be in Form No. SH-4
- Fill in the required details
- Ensure that the transferor(s) and transferee(s) have signed in the space indicated and that the signature(s) of the transferor(s) is witnessed
- Attach self attested copy of the PAN Card of the transferor(s) as well as of the transferee(s)
- Have a requisite stamp duty franked/affixed to the instrument of transfer (refer to Special note in this regard)
- Deliver the instrument of transfer along with the relevant securities to the Company's Registrars within 60 days from the date of its execution specified thereon
Transfer of shares in physical form is not allowed from 1st April, 2019. Please read the below press release from SEBI dt: 27th March, 2019 in this regard
Mar 27, 2019 PR No.: 12/2019
The Board, on March 28, 2018, decided that, except in case of transmission or transposition of securities, requests for effecting transfer of securities shall not be processed unless the securities are held in dematerialized form with a depository. This measure shall come into effect from April 01, 2019.
Subsequently, SEBI has received representations from shareholders for extension of the date of compliance. In view of the same, the following are hereby clarified:
- The above decision does not prohibit the investor from holding the shares in physical form; the investor has the option of holding shares in physical form even after April 01, 2019
- Any investor who is desirous of transferring shares (which are held in physical form) after April 01, 2019 can do so only after the shares are dematerialized
- The transfer deed(s) once lodged prior to deadline and returned due to deficiency in the document may be re-lodged for transfer even after the deadline of April 01, 2019
For transfer of shares in Demat Mode, please contact your Depository Participant where you hold your Demat Account.